The Perils Of Super Bowl Fare (Limerick)

The Perils Of Super Bowl Fare (Limerick)
By Madeleine Begun Kane

My blood nearly came to a boil,
As our microwave flamed. Was it oil?
We stopped it in time,
And Mark’s wings were sublime.
Lesson learned: They come wrapped up in foil.

(While engrossed in the game, hubby Mark absent-mindedly put his box of Pizza Hut chicken wings in the microwave. Bad idea!)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “The Perils Of Super Bowl Fare (Limerick)”

  1. Ahahahaha! That’s something I haven’t done … yet! I have, however, had exploding food due to lids that fit too tightly.

  2. Doug says:


  3. ytcai says:

    It was hard to get zapping to stop
    Did as they said and took off the top
    followed their instruction
    microwave destruction
    Result from my nuking Jiffy Pop

  4. WalterMatthau says:

    Was looking for super bowl snacks
    between the davenport’s cracks
    and under the seats
    I found soiled treats
    with hair, gum, and old carpet tacks

    A cheetos and caramel corn
    I bobbled when watching some porn
    some squished m&ms
    and among them
    pop-tart from a long-ago morn

  5. Joseph Harris says:

    A Brit superbowl I tell you
    Is a high plate of food I can chew.
    Do you watch a plate
    For how much you ate?
    If “yes” that’s entirely new!

  6. madkane says:

    Thanks so much everyone for your fun verse and lovely comments!

  7. JulesPaige says:

    My BIL ‘killed’ his microwave with a bread tie twisty.
    Got to be careful with them there cookers!
    Glad everyone is safe – that could have been a big mess!

    I can hear my husband now…make sure you didn’t fry the inner workings of your microwave. If you saw flame you might just have to replace the unit.
    He is a safety geek you know…

  8. madkane says:

    Thanks for the good wishes and info, Jules!